|User Script Authoring|
This section of the manual will be short and sweet. As mentioned elsewhere, Greasemonkey provides APIs to enhance the power of user scripts. They will be listed here, with a brief description, but each separate API call has its own page with more in-depth information, please continue reading there!
- A function, taking one parameter, a string of CSS to apply to the page.
- A function intended to get stored values, see GM_setValue below.
- A function that accepts the name and value to store, persistently. This value can be retrieved later, even on a different invocation of the script, with GM_getValue.
- A function that accepts a parameter which will be routed to the Error Console, useful for examining values when writing a script.
- Similar in spirit to
window.open(), this function accepts a single parameter, the URL of a page to open in a new tab.
- An advanced function which allows a user script to register a menu item, and command to run when clicked, in the Firefox UI.
- A version of the xmlHttpRequest method underlying AJAX, this API call does not use the same-origin policy that a script running in a normal page is limited with, allowing complex mashups.
windowscope of the content page.
- A function that loads an external resource via a URL, such as an image, and returns the string containing the base64 encoded in the data: URL scheme.