Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
|User Script Authoring|
|Other Useful Tools|
This section of the manual will be short and sweet. As mentioned elsewhere, Greasemonkey provides several methods in its API to enhance the power of user scripts. They are listed here, with a brief description, but each separate method has its own page with more in-depth information, please continue reading there!
- Metadata Block
- Exposes this information, plus a bit more, to the user script.
- This deletes a value from chrome that was previously set.
- A function intended to get stored values, see GM_setValue below.
- This API method retrieves an array of preference names that start with the branch's root.
- A function that accepts the name and value to store, persistently. This value can be retrieved later, even on a different invocation of the script, with GM_getValue.
- Like the previous, loads raw, plaintext from a resource.
- A function that loads an external resource via a URL, such as an image, and returns the string containing the base64 encoded in the
data:URL scheme. As of Greasemonkey 1.0, this function returns
- A function, taking one parameter, a string of CSS to apply to the page.
- A function that accepts a parameter which will be routed to the Error Console, useful for examining values when writing a script.
- Similar in spirit to
window.open(), this function accepts a single parameter, the URL of a page to open in a new tab.
- An advanced function which allows a user script to register a menu item, and command to run when clicked, in the Firefox user interface.
- A function, taking one parameter, a string, sets the contents of the clipboard.
- A version of the XMLHttpRequest method underlying AJAX, this API call does not use the same-origin policy that a script running in a normal page is limited with, allowing complex mashups.